Battle for Wesnoth has been Greenlit on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729138129

This game is one of the best turn based strategy games I have ever played. The combat is intense, strategically deep and extremely skill based. It is proof that open source and gaming can coexist and create an awesome gem of a game that is arguably better than most of it’s payed counter parts. The main campaigns are extremely fun to play and multiplayer just makes the games even better. Thanks to it’s open source nature, There are hundreds of mods and new campaigns and scenarios all built in using their addon manager. It’s open source nature, backed up with very good documentation) could even make adding a new campaign a good newb project option for MG’s game development community (@ashes999).

While I am happy that they are moving the game to steam as well, in order to give the community a much needed boost, I still recommend going directly to their website to access the game and it’s community. Enjoy!

https://www.wesnoth.org/
The game is cross platform and can be found on Linux, Windows, Mac and Android.

1 Like

Looked briefly at it but didn’t like it. Would be great if we can mod it for one of our monthly gamedev things.

1 Like

This is actually a pretty great game. Its fun and deep and the graphics are actually pretty charming. You can easily download it now and Ive played the MP with Asad. Of course, as with any game this guy plays, I got utterly destroyed…but…all the same…its a great game.

1 Like

I’m not that good, I can only beat the campaign’s on the easiest settings

lol yea yea. You’re full of crap :stuck_out_tongue:. Always gotta be leet at the games you play.

Well I like deep games so that I can constantly improve BUT, im not always leet, csgo I never ever got as good as @Wulf. Also, try the campaigns, you will find that you can beat easy, but not medium there is a massive difficulty spike.

2 Likes

I have to give you a hard time. Especially after destroying me in SC2 that one day. Im a lot better now but it doesnt make it any less bitter :P. As you can see, Im just salty. lol

1 Like

But I dont even play SC2 anymore, i just played it for about 2 weeks or so

1 Like

AND STILL DESTROYED ME…SEE WHAT I MEAN. lol.

1 Like

Lolololol roketfiq pls

1 Like