Community Tournaments

I know this is sorta early, but we’ve had pretty cool tournaments/play dates in the past, and it would be really cool to have a system which integrates this as a community feature.

Thoughts? I’ll try to sketch out a rough idea!

1 Like

Just realized, before this, I need to get the RULES/Community Vision down with RoketFiq. I’ve sent him an invite :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we’d need more numbers for this to happen, but it depends on the game I guess

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right. I did feel it was too early to introduce this. Plus we have some other stuff to get done first!

1 Like

LoL/Dota2 are good candidates since they’re free and popular. The LoL thread on the old MG was one of the most popular.

1 Like

I quit LoL, never again

1 Like

I haven’t played LoL/Dota in years. But I’m willing to come back for a match or two if it’s for MG.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d be willing as well. Just don’t yell at me when I start feeding them :wink:

1 Like

we shoudl stick with 1v1 games at first. Even with a large comunity, it is very hard to do team games.

1 Like

I looked for a ladder mod but back then I couldn’t find anything, maybe someone else has made something now or there is a site that can be used?

2 Likes

This is brilliant:
http://challonge.com/mg_2016_checkers

Who wants to play checkers :open_mouth:

1 Like

Why didn’t you create a LoL one?

http://challonge.com/LeagueoflegendsworldsAE

1 Like

lol does not work well 1v1,

Chess?

It’s a classic.

1 Like

no league of legends.

Everyone needs to get Rocket league on steam.

:soccer::blue_car:

2 Likes

Hearthstone Tournament perhaps?

It’s free and pretty much anyone can play, even on mobile so there is more opportunity for active players.

We could have 2 leagues; stock decks and custom decks. I would have to favour stock decks as an official tournament though so that the game isnt impossible for newer players to enter.

2 Likes

Is it possible to play custom games in Hearthstone? I quit playing a while back but I do like it. Wouldnt mind stock decks. How would this work?

1 Like

You can play against people from your friends list.

I am guessing that we can set up a Tournament similar to Wulfs Checkers Tournament with players matched up by a ladder each finding a time they can play over a given week then reporting their outcome.

Each round it fairly quick so maybe have each game best out of 5?

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to get rocket league but haven’t found others that play as well so I’ve been holding off. I’m down for hearthstone tournament but I’ll probably get rekt because I haven’t played in a while and the cards have changed etc