Linux Desktop Beauty

It took 10 minutes to change looks from what the dark theme I had before to this new light theme.

1 Like

Gnome 3???

Gnome 3!

Looks sick. Clearly very fitting. lol.

1 Like

gnome 3 always looked pretty, my one gripe after using it for 3 months or so was that it was a pain to customize the way i liked it. That wallpaper is legit. After I finish sprucing up my desktop Ill post mine. In fact, Ill post what I got so far.

and here is my launcher

I am still working on the color schemes for my bars and the launchers. I still need to get the salah times fixed up to bolden when it is the salah time, and i want to add hijri date and the next days fajr time. and lastly, replace the bottom status bar with lemonbar and do cool things like hide my external ip address when i take a screenshot. in this case i just edited it out.

1 Like

Here’s a “ricing” guide for i3, really like what he did with it:

I would replace my gnome launcher with the one he’s using anyday. I probably can, just need to look into it.

1 Like

Yes it is beautiful, one of the reasons why i actualyl nearly went full Linux, gaming and general MS Offoce and Adobe apps stopped me because they just don’t work (properly) on Linux. Still cool though, and looking forward to the day (inshallah) that linux gets the same support as windows

1 Like

I had the exact same issues, but at some point in my life I got used to using open source programs fairly quickly, and was OK with some of the quirks that came along with it. It’s like what @Severok said once: the meta-game to get your game running is just as fun. There’s a rush you get after you fix something on your system. A relief. On top of that, there’s the crazy amount of customization you can do (but truthfully, you don’t really get around to it and it just happens over time, changing/learning one thing at a time).

1 Like