Warlight Tournament #1 Main Thread

Last call for anyone who wants to join the tournament. The tournament will start on July 11th Inshallah.

I spent 7 hours in traffic today. I might annoy you for a match if I find myself there again tomorrow.

@Severok, just remember that I need the url to your Warlight Profile linked on this threat so that I may invite you to the game

So this is awkward, but apparently you guys need to be level 3 to join a tournament… We could just setup a bunch of 1v1 games or have everyone level up to level 3. @Severok, @ashes999, @Wulf, @roketfiq

lol great. So how much play does it take to get to Lvl 3?

i uh dont remember lol. play a couple games and see? I mean it taks me about 2-3 won games to level up at my level. in fact, you may level to 3 just doing the tutorials.

I may drop out. My plate just got really full of stuff I need to do.

We’ll see how this goes. Sry guys.

@asad3ainjalout what will my level be when I win our training match?

1 Like

not sure, even If I am about to win though, I will surrender to give you the xp

You better not.

I have no place in a tournament if I can’t meet the entry requirements. I would prefer a rematch until I have learned the game enough

Allright, i just invited you all to a free for all

2 Likes

@asad3ainjalout you mean like everyone on 1 map?
That sounds really fun

its all setup, you just have to accept

Just a reminder - the game has 3 day max turns. You’ll want to check it periodically so you don’t get booted. There is also a phone app

Looking forward to this

1 Like

I accepted and joined the game.

1 Like

I was reading through this thread, and before people get 100% set on this game being the same as risk, I want to point out some fundamental differences. This really bugged me as an avid Risk player so if you’re coming from a Risk background this is important:

This is not a turn based game the way that Risk is. You do not go player by player taking your turns; each player reinforcing and then attacking. Think of it as rounds. During a given “round” we all reinforce, and we all issue attacks. After we all have reinforced and issued attack commands, the game makes some quick calculations, and we advance to the next round. During the calculations, the game puts down our reinforcements and issues our attacks by doing one reinforcement from each player until all the reinforcements are done. And then it issues one attack from each player until all of the attacks have been issued.

So for example, it would be a reinforcement from Me, and then Asad, and then Wulf, and then Me, and then Asad, and then Wulf, and so on until all of us are done putting down soldiers. The attacks are not calculated until all reinforcements are done.

This is super important to understand. If you have a territory with 1 soldier, and you see the enemy territory with only 1 soldier, and so you think to yourself, okay i’m going to put down 10 people on mine and crush the enemy, (that’s how Risk would work, right?), you might get completely destroyed. Why? Because you didn’t account for what the enemy reinforces before the attacks are calculated. I might have reinforced 20 soldiers, so when you attacked with 10, obviously you would lose, but you wouldn’t know that I had reinforced 20 soldiers when you’re looking at the map and see each of us with 1 soldier on our territories. In the same vein, I don’t see where you’re going to reinforce before you attack. So for that above example, I would also have seen each of us having 1 soldier on each of our places, and would have had no way of knowing you were going to reinforce that place with 10 people, let alone attack me from there.

It’s the same concept for attacks: my first attack, and then Asad’s first attack, and then Wulf’s first attack, and then my second attack, and then Asad’s second attack, and then Wulf’s second attack, until we’re all done.

You’ll get the hang of it soon enough!! I’m sorry if I did a poor job explaining this. If i’m not making sense I can try to explain it differently, or ask Asad

For more details check these two links out.

https://www.warlight.net/wiki/Turn_phases

https://www.warlight.net/wiki/Move_Order

1 Like

@Wulf, we are waiting on you good sir.

I took my turn!

Awesome, I ended kicking @Wulf hough :frowning: