Warlight Tournament #1 Main Thread

Not even joking but I tried to do my turn moments after you kicked me T_T

Regardless, have fun guys hopefully I can join the next one inshAllah

I am sorry @Wulf :cry:

2 Likes

No worries I shouldā€™ve been more vocal about my situation

We will probably do another FFA after this until we hae a large enough group of players who are level 4

1 Like

Iā€™m getting hammered on multiple fronts. I really hope I get more XP the longer I survive.

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, you outfoxed me on multiple turns in a row

Even after reading those wikis I dont get how you can actually strategize. I dont want to move if Im going to get screwed by the lack of information each time. Like last round, I moved to take a region with a huge force only to get slapped away. I lose all 9 of my armies and Asad lostā€¦1? And then just moved in with all 13 of this own. lol. I dont get what the point of even trying to move in is if Ill most likely lose everything. lol what outsmarting is there? What strategizing is there?

1 Like

Because your opponent lacks the same information that you do. So if you and your opponent are at about equal strength neither of you knows where the other will attack and niether knows when the other will attack. So a lot of it is anticipating what your opponent will do given the situation and thatā€™s an aspect of the game that I love

In this case Asad is stronger than you so no strategy is going to conjure troops for you. Obviously itā€™s still possible to come back even in tough situations but the odds are against you

1 Like

We totally should have all teamed up to take out Asad first.

Itā€™s not too late :slight_smile:

1 Like

and so ends MGā€™s first warlight FFA. The Official Winner is @Severok!!! I hope everyone had fun. Would you guys like to do this again?

Wait, how did I win?

I specifically remember being torn apart in a blaze of glory.

I am happy to maybe recive an official forum flair though.
Given that I mostly survived because mew was a bigger threat than me, keeping me safe from Asad until he was dealt withā€¦ I will accept the flair ā€œMostly Harmlessā€

Nice try! We all know Mr. Level 43 won.

By the way, I highly recommend using the history button and watching how Asad won. You can reverse-engineer his strategy and itā€™s quite easy to understand how he won, in hindsight.

I think I am to blame for part of how things turned out.
I like to keep my back to the wall and expand from easily defended territories.
Because of this I did not put up a fight in Europe, which is High-Risk High-Reward and instead focused on the southern territories where I could effectively control choak points to maintain my hold on existing land as I spread.

I did put up a small fight in North America against Mew early on, but put my focus into south America and SE Asia instead to fortify my hold on the region.

In the replay, Asad spread through Europe without too much resistance and Mew took north America after I gave up on the region.

In exchange I took a strong hold on the far south and Australiasian regions which gave me enough strength to push north and outlast the others.
That makes me indirectly responsible for leaving Ashes and Roket as a buffer in the middle against the Mew and Asad super-powers.

I actually took a risk and got obliterated as a result.

Letā€™s just agree that we should keep an alliance and take Asad out first.

Rematch?

Iā€™m up for a rematch. I need to redeem myself. I thought I had that game in the bag for sureā€¦The Red Army shall return