Steam Sale Hype Thread

I hope you checked the pricing page. You need to pay to be able to publish it to iOS. (I’m pretty sure you can create debug/test versions with the free version, but those usually only work on the iOS emulator.)

Boo… Only 5 day trial. After they want $200 usd cheapest option.

Unity is the only tool I’ve found that allows free deployment to iOS/Android. But you have to learn and write real code at some point (C# or Javascript).

I actually really tried to use tools, but found that I just like writing code too much. So I don’t have much experience with tools, sorry.

No worries bro. You’ve actually helped quite a lot and guided me much already. I’ll check out unity tutorials and see what the experience will be like and go from that:

Even the $200 annual sub of game maker isn’t that bad…

Please don’t waste your money on these kinds of tools.

How about you pay me $100 a year instead and I’ll make whatever game you want? :slight_smile:

Seriously, don’t throw your money away. Shop around for other tools first and see if collaborating is to your taste. I’m also really dying for a marketing person, so there’s some room for synergy.

1 Like

Professional compilers are an absolute waste of money.

At work I am writing firmware for an 8bit STM uController for a board I designed. After 3 months of dev time designing and prototyping the hardware, I went to compile the test initial test code on the STM IDE only to discover that they did not bother actually making a compiler for their IDE or chipset. Instead they expected me to buy a 3rd party compiler licence for 1000 pounds/year or register for a free 3 month license that locks me out of 75% of my chips code space. Code space on the chip I already paid for

After some looking around I found a community made plugin for code blocks called SDCC that compiles binaries for a similar family of controllers. After modifying some of the files I got it working for my chip.

I code registers directly bare metal so not having good optimisers is not much of an issue. So I have full access to my hardware for free with out any real drawback.

Long story short. Stick it to the man. Where there is a will there is a way and somewhere on the vast internet there is an obscure German man who has bothered to write almost the thing you are looking for.

German dude, I did not understand large sections of your notes, but your code was easy enough to follow to rebuild your library for my work.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I’ll check out other tools.

I’m absolutely down for collaborating! I’d love to work with you.

I also like to tinker. Two totally seperate parts and desires. You’re right $200 is a lot of money just to tinker…

1 Like

I have 12 gb bandwidth left, and civ5 is 7.5 gb T___T

downloadmorebandwidth.com says “coming soon” so I cant just order more bandwidth…

we has problem qq

1 Like

no comment 20 characters

lol so what did everyone get?

My small haul:

• Divine Divinity - $0.89 (bought with trading card money)
  • Age of Mythology - $5.99 (partly subsidized by trading card money lol)

And thats it. Couldnt bring myself to buy anything else. I wanted Stardew Valley but I want to get the DRM Free version for…reasons.

I got Prison Architect and RPG Maker.

I was on the lookout for Tabletop simulatior which was 50% off the whole way though but I held off in case the price dropped further in a daily deal, though it looks like it stayed the same price even when in the daily highlight

My haul:

• Rocket League
  • Binding of Isaac Rebirth
  • Tropico 5
  • ESO Online
  • The Culling
  • Undertale
  • The Banner Saga

I didn’t buy anything. I have a big backlog of game experiments to make first that should keep me busy until at least September.

Same, i bought nothing. I have been reading this awesome book though. https://www.amazon.com/UNIX-Linux-System-Administration-Handbook/dp/0131480057

Why do you ALWAYS have to be cooler than everyone else Asad…hmmmm?

Anyway, Sev, they removed daily deals from big Steam sales. They said that from now on, all prices will be at their designated discount from beginning to end of sale with daily highlights only serving to show you what the prices are for those games.

1 Like

has nothing to do with being cooler. has to do with small wallet, and no time :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Eid Mubarak, picked up civ 99

Got my brother Invisible Inc. and a steam controller… But nothing for myself… Massive humble bundle backlog to take care of first…

That explains it, I feel like I have really been out the loop this past year.

But what is the point of a longer sale if all the prices are static?

I should be happy though, flash sales were my Achilles heel.

I was very tempted by the civilization pack but soon realized that I already own them all.

1 Like

lol I dont know if the sale is actually longer or not. I might still be as long as they used to be but just with static prices. I think they were trying to get rid of the “stressful” side of the sales? Or maybe people complained about missing sale prices and not having time to check all the time? I dont know.